10 Creative Summertime Dates
May 31st, 2012
Being new to a city is hard, but add on being single and it’s just overwhelming. Moving is always an expensive and busy time in your life especially when relocating to an exciting city like Vancouver. You’re unfamiliar with the restaurant scene and the cost of visiting the trendiest bars or seeing the hottest shows every weekend will add up.
But now that summer is coming you should be heading outside for some inexpensive fun in the sun. The weather’s warmer and the days are longer; it’s the perfect time of year for romance and the outdoors!
Here are 10 fun and creative ways to make the most of your summertime dates:
1. Bring some delicious food, a bottle of wine, and a blanket for a picnic in Stanley Park
2. Go to Kitsilano beach
, build a sand castle and play volleyball.
3. Check out the Fresh Air Cinemas
for free outdoor movies at various locations throughout the city.
4. Visit The Refinery
and learn about wines. After your tour purchase a bottle and have a drink under the stars.
5. Go kayaking at Deep Cove
and take in the beautiful scenery.
6. Visit the wildlife at the Greater Vancouver Zoo
7. Experience the street fairs, festivals
or a parade together.
8. Take a bike ride together on the Sea Ride Bike Route in Stanley Park.
9. Go hiking or cliff jumping at Lynn Canyon.
10. Enjoy the magnificent views from a hot air balloon ride
Article written by Deborah Freitas from Meet Market Adventures.
Meet Market Adventures creates imaginative and fun social experiences that bring like-minded singles together. They help single women and men get past the online dating scene by filling every month with events and outdoor activities in many cities including Vancouver!